Using various media assets on your website (images, video, flash movies, audio, documents) provides your visitors with a multi-sensory experience, increasing user engagement.
The task of uploading media can often be time consuming and difficult. Siteflex features a Media Manager module that provides a speedy mechanism for not only uploading your media assets, but managing those assets once they are on Siteflex.
Media Manager allows for the fast, simultaneous upload of multiple assets in to your media library supporting popular image, video, audio and document file formats.
The Media Manager is also tasked with advanced functions such as joining Assets to other Siteflex module items, and Importing and Exporting various Siteflex module items.
Media Manager is designed to simplify media upload on to your website. Media Manager supports the following file formats
- Image files - JPEG, PNG, GIF file formats
- Video files - MP4, FLV file formats
- Document files - DOC and PDF formats
- Audio files - MP3 and WAV formats
- Upload multiple media assets in one go. Simply select multiple images in a direct on your local computer and the will be added to your upload queue.
- All media assets upload via Media Manager are immediately made available to insert on to a Siteflex page.
- Upload report on screen showing the progress for a batch upload, allowing you to go grab a coffee without losing track of Upload progress.
- Scale your images to fit within a maximum dimension, automatically scaling every image to fit within that dimension. The 'Scale to Size' function scales both height or width, depending on which dimension exceeds your chosen setting.
- Auto-thumbnailing of images on upload allowing you to create multiple thumbnail versions of an image on the fly. Set your thumbnail sizes to be one of (or all of) the following: 100px, 150px, 200px, 250px, 300px and 400 pixels.
- Save time by not having to upload your website assets one by one. Multiple asset upload can be left in a tab working away whilst you continue editing your website content.
- The 'Overwrite existing files' option is there to serve as a safety net for when uploading files that may already be in use on your website
- The 'Scale to Size' function will allow you to upload directly from your folder of digital camera images, typically a higher resolution file, automatically scaling the images to a web-safe size that is faster to download and displays correctly in your browser.
- Video and audio assets are hosted in the cloud to enable lightning fast media streaming and storage space that scales with your needs.